November is a great month - the holidays are fast approaching, we get to visit more often with family and friends, and colder weather makes us feel like getting cozy in our homes. Since you'll want to keep warm in the coming months, I'm including a list of tips for you this month that will help you to save money on your energy bill, while still staying warm and cozy!
I hope these tips help you as much as they've helped me. If you have any home or real estate questions, please feel free to call me at (201) 970-6857 any time or visit my website (www.BryanLima.com).
FIVE WAYS TO SAVE ENERGY IN THE COLDER MONTHS
1. Set the timer: Program your thermostat to reach lower temperatures while you're sleeping or out of the house. This simple action can save you a lot of money - and will ensure that your house stays at a comfortable temperature at all times.
2. Open and shut: During daytime hours, keep your blinds, draperies and other window coverings open. This will enable your home to absorb the warm afternoon sunshine and will effectively add heat to the entire house. Close all window coverings at night to keep the heat in!
3. Installation time: If you have a window or two that feels drafty no matter what you do, consider installing tight, insulating shades to those particular windows. You'll be surprised what a little bit of extra insulation can accomplish!
4. Light a fire: A fireplace is an easy solution to add extra heat to your home without adding to your energy bill. Capable of warming the entire room, you and your family can relax at home while keeping the thermostat at a lower temperature.
5. No leaks allowed: Check doors and windows for drafts and places where air might escape. Weatherizing windows and doors is a simple task that you can perform; your local home improvement warehouse will have all of the materials you need!