Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

With Thanksgiving drawing near I am reminded how very blessed I am.  I enjoy family, friends, and the many warm relationships I have formed through this business.  I hope you'll take a moment and reflect on the blessings in your own life.


One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is food.  In fact, I can just smell pumpkin pie baking any time of year and it brings back memories of family and friends at the Thanksgiving table together.  Well, speaking of good smells, I wanted to share a recipe I recently received.  Put this dish out on the Thanksgiving table and watch it disappear!

Hoping you have a truly blessed Thanksgiving holiday!

Pumpkin Bread Recipe
1 cup canned or cooked and pureed pumpkin
½ cup cinnamon applesauce
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup water
Ener-G egg replacer for 2 eggs
1 2/3 cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ginger
¼ tsp cloves
½ tsp salt

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 inch bread pan.

Whisk together the sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, water and egg replacer and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients.

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring well to combine. Pour into prepared pan, and sprinkle a bit of extra sugar and spices on top if desired (optional).

Bake for about one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the pumpkin bread comes out clean. Serve your pumpkin bread warm with vegan margarine or non-dairy cream cheese.

Makes 8 fat-free slices. Enjoy!


Bryan J. Lima, SFR
Licensed Sales Associate
DeFino Realtors
201.970.6857

Follow me:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment